June 30, 2009

Dr. Kaku? Is that you?

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS ZOMBIE?


EDIT: In this post, I wondered, beyond all probability, if the above zombie from Flight of the Living Dead was an uncredited cameo by Dr. Michio Kaku, a well-known theoretical physicist. I have since heard back from Dr. Kaku via e-mail. He says "Nope. It is not me"

So the question not becomes, does anyone know who this actor is? Because I think if there's ever going to be a movie about Dr. Kaku's life, we've got the guy to play him right here. Separated at birth!

Original post follows.


One of the most memorable zombies in the Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane is a long-haired man of Asian descent who is turned into a zombie that is stuck in its seat for the whole movie. Although I cannot find any confirmation online, I SWEAR this zombie is played in an extended cameo by the famous theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku.


Like I said, I can't find any confirmation online or on IMDB, but look! If that's not Dr. Kaku, he has a zombie twin. I've e-mailed Dr. Kaku to try and confirm this, but I don't know if I'll get back an answer. Does anyone know if I'm wrong?

I hope I'm not. Something about the idea of Dr. Kaku, a man who writes about parallel dimensions and the physics of time travel, getting stuck on a plane and turning into a zombie makes me feel all warm inside.