August 28, 2009

FAN EXPO COVERAGE: Day #1-- False Starts


 FAN EXPO: DAY #1 
AUG 28th, 2009-- 2:49pm

I am writing this on the bus not to Toronto for Fan Expo but on a bus leaving Toronto after spending only a few hours in the city until I was forced to leave mere hours before Fan Expo started. Why? Because I forgot my digital audio recorder at home.

As I upacked after getting into Toronto early, I could not find the digitial audio recorder I need for my interviews. I hopped on the subway from the place I was staying and got off at a Futureshop in the area. I planned to just buy another recorder, but they were all sold out. Son of a ...

Now, Toronto is only about an hour and a half from where I live, but this means I have to take the bus home during rush hour with the forecast calling for significant rain. Then I have to hope I can find my digital recorder at home, walk back to the bus station, and take another hour and a half trip back into the city plus however long it takes for me to get to the convention and obtain my press pass.

This may mean I will miss the 7pm Max Brooks, Kim Paffenroth, and Kelly Armstrong panel on Modern Literary Monsters.

Son of a ....

AUG 28th, 2009-- 6:00pm

Thank God, I've made it. God bless that crazy bus driver who ran our bus like a madman on the Lakeshore. Now, I'm ready for the Fan Expo FESTIVAL OF FEAR